Low Self-Esteem Treatment
Low self-esteem is not the same thing as being humble or modest. People who are modest or humble still basically feel good about themselves and feel that they are worthwhile. Do you wonder if you have the kind of low self-esteem that might benefit from treatment? Have a look at the items on the list below:
Signs you may be suffering from Low Self Esteem:
- You believe that you are undeserving and unworthy.
- if someone praises you, you dismiss it rather than feel good about the complement.
- You let people take advantage of you because you don’t think that you deserve better.
- You are overly sensitive to criticism or disapproval.
- You are excessively eager to please others.
- You don’t feel that you have the right to relax and enjoy yourself.
- You push yourself to be a perfectionist because you are driven by a fear of failure.
- You don’t take proper care of yourself. You drink excessively or use drugs.
No one is born with low self-esteem and it is not your fault if you have it. Low self-esteem is a consequence of abuse, neglect, or trauma when we are young. Low self-esteem, if untreated, can lead to depression, anxiety problems, failed relationships, and alcohol or drug problems.
Effective treatment for low self-esteem
Fortunately, effective treatment is available for low self-esteem problems. You can learn to become kind and accepting of yourself so your future can be better than your past. Therapists at our Clinic know how to help you for low self-esteem problems. Our therapists are kind, nonjudgmental, and supportive and they can also teach you techniques so you can develop acceptance, kindness, and compassion for yourself. You can also learn techniques to neutralize the effects of low self-esteem thoughts and feelings so you can live your life with more dignity and less fear. The therapy is based on a combination of mindfulness, self compassion training, and cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT).
Need effective treatment for Low Self Esteem?
Our therapists are trained in effective therapy for self esteem, depression, anxiety problems and more.